By loanDepot Staff Writers
As a real estate professional, you know how crucial technology is for your business. Numerous modern gizmos and gadgets are designed to make our lives easier, and the real estate industry is no exception.
From smartphones to drones, a properly armed tech arsenal can help you stand out amid competitors. Your colleagues at loanDepot’s Retail Lending division want to make sure you have the tools you need to close every deal. For more information, call (877) 431-0100.
Here are five pieces of technology every real estate professional should have:
- 360-degree camera: In the age of virtual listings, cameras capable of taking surrounding images are a great tool for real estate pros looking to beef up their marketing. With a 360-degree camera, such as a Ricoh Theta S ($347), you can create an immersive experience for potential homebuyers who conduct most of their research online. And with the price tag on 360-degree video and photography dropping fast, the technology is more affordable now than ever. Take the GoPano Micro. At just $98, this revolutionary lens attachment for the iPhone lets you create panoramic videos and photos on the go.
- Camera-mounted drone: These high-flying devices, such as the DJI Phantom 4 ($1,199) and GoPro Karma ($799), are easy to use and can get unbelievable shots of a home and neighborhood. What better way to show off a listing’s area than breathtaking images and video from 300 feet in the sky? This is especially useful for homes in rural areas with lush landscapes and other incredible views. Drones are also useful for analyzing the condition of a home, including the roof and other hard-to-see spots.
- A pocket printer: Imagine being in your client’s living room and being able to print any documents on the spot. Whether you forgot to bring the right paper or you catch an error on the sheet, an Israeli startup wants to help. Amid a successful Kickstarter campaign, Zuta Labs came out with a printer that fits in your palm. With a battery life that lasts for up to 1,000 printed pages, this first-of-its-kind portable printer, which sells for $299, can help expedite any real estate transaction.
- Satellite communicator: As a real estate agent, you want to be reachable at any time … and place. Enter inReach ($300). Made by DeLorme, this satellite communicator keeps you from losing business while traveling to areas with spotty cell service. Whether you’re in the middle of a big city or at the top of a mountain, your clients will be able to reach you – plus you’ll feel very cool sporting this jazzy device.
- Portable cellphone charger: Being busy is great, but your smartphone may not always agree with your schedule. Having a backup battery for when your mobile phone is running low on power can be a deal saver. A cordless charging system, such as Duracell’s Powermat ($19.99), is a priceless tool that helps ensure you always answer when your clients call.
In today’s technology-enabled age, the licensed loan officers at loanDepot’s Retail Lending division know how important it is to be plugged in and connected. Click here to contact a local lending officer today and find out more about loanDepot’s commitment to technology and modern lending.